Organized Stuffs

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Welcome

Why hello there!

You can call me LeXa. I'm a Japanese-loving person who has been studying Japanese language for about two years now.

If you've stumbled across this blog, welcome. This blog is dedicated to one of my favorite things in the whole world: manga. As you may know, manga ("mah - n - gah"; not hard "a" sounds like in "man", but soft "a" sounds like in "are") are Japanese comics, and are closely related to their animated counterpart, anime ("ah - nee - may").

Manga and its surrounding fan-base is full of strange terms and concepts. During my foray in the manga world I have learned and collected some terms and this blog is dedicated to writing down and explaining the definitions of some of those terms. Here are some of the terms/concepts I would like to explain on this blog:
  • Cannon
  • Pairings
  • Otomen games
  • Fanon
  • Fandom
  • Doujishin
  • Fanfiction
  • Omake
  • Fanart
  • AMV
  • OVA
  • Fanservice
  • Shota/Lolita
  • Yaoi and the like
  • Datingsim
  • Chibi
  • Moe
  • Megane
  • Yandere
  • Tsundere
  • Art books
  • Character/refernce sketch
  • Otaku
  • Fujoshi
  • 2Chan
Because I have school to deal with I will be trying to keep these posts and explanations short, which will also make them (hopefully) easier to understand.

A note on warnings: Manga is a diverse and complex world that does make the occasional foray into adult content. Because I know that some themes offend certain people more than others and also because heck, I'm really pretty conservative in my manga tastes, I will be putting warnings on some definitions. I won't go into details anyways, but hey, I sure do appreciate warnings other places on the internets, so let's go with this. ^^ For example: the two bolded points on the list above are two of the terms I know I going to want to put warnings on.

Also: I will try to put pronunciation on the terms as I explain them. Because I'm studying Japanese I do know about how the terms should be pronounced but I can't promise to always be perfect, so apologies if I mess up. m(_ _)m

So if you follow me thus far, let's go! :D
--LeXa--

No comments:

Post a Comment